For those unfamiliar with the story, Mr. Fox saves his wife and children as well as the other forest creatures from the dastardly attempts of three farmers--Boggis, Bunce, and Bean--to catch him (although he unfortunately does lose his beautiful tail in the process). At the end, Mrs. Fox tells her children, "Your father is a fantastic Mr. Fox." This has become an endearing saying between my parents (my dad always rejoindering that my mother is a fantastic Mrs. Fox).
Several years ago, in honor of her fantastic Mr. Fox, my mom presented my dad with a fox puppet. Although becoming a bit bedraggled as time has passed, Mr. Fox continues to hold a cherished place in our family. The grandkids ask for him on nearly visit, and Clara is no exception.
I'm not sure if Clara thinks he's real, but the magic certainly is.
That is completely precious. I also love Clara's big pink Easter hairbow. Fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! I love that your dad is the fox's interpreter. What a funny guy.
ReplyDeleteAre you reunited yet with Michael, or is he still in AZ? How was your visit to Richmond? Isn't Joy's house AWESOME?!! Someday...
I LOVE Fantastic Mr. Fox and pretty much all Roald Dahl books. What a sweet post!
ReplyDelete