All I can say is I hope that she doesn't grow up with her mother's fabulous depth perception . . . it seems I am constantly running into door jambs or stubbing my toes. Ah, to be a grown-up . . .
A glimpse into our family: What we think about & what's important to us.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Band-aids ain't for sissies
In the last thirty-six hours, Clara has managed to get a large goose egg on her head (courtesy of an accidental golf club swing by a five-year-old boy), a burned and blistered index finger (from a flaming hot pizza pan), and two scraped knees (requiring four band-aids in total). Ah, to be a four-year-old . . .
The toughest part for Clara is getting Band-aids put on. Like most kids, she loves Band-aids, but she does not like having them on her skin. I'm figuring it's another sensory thing (she prefers to put them on Mr. Bear). So while the actual accident--in this case, the trip and subsequent knee abrasions--is painful, the treatment is almost more so. After I manage to get the Band-aids on her, she can ignore them but asks periodically to have them taken off (sometimes with great distress). Poor kid!
All I can say is I hope that she doesn't grow up with her mother's fabulous depth perception . . . it seems I am constantly running into door jambs or stubbing my toes. Ah, to be a grown-up . . .
All I can say is I hope that she doesn't grow up with her mother's fabulous depth perception . . . it seems I am constantly running into door jambs or stubbing my toes. Ah, to be a grown-up . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh sweet Clara! We are constantly patching up our little one too...we should probably buy stock in band-aids and neosporin! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteBless her. My kids wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they didn't have an injury somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you completely on the cell phone tower rediculousness. They bug me every time I see one.