It was super fun to be able to celebrate my birthday with David and Char's family who are currently living in Washington DC for almost a year before they head to Thailand.
 |
| Sweetest cousins! Kate was so great with Clayton. |
 |
| Sunday afternoon walk in the woods. |
 |
| Evening boat ride. Clara got her hair done multiple times by Aunt Char, lucky duck. Their son Isaac and all of their girls were so sweet with each of our boys. |
 |
| Abby and Robbie--since Abby had stayed with us a couple of years ago, their friendship picked up where it left off. |
 |
44 years old, wow. That is seriously so weird. Our kind neighbor, Debbie, made me a delicious Texas sheet cake, even providing candles and ice cream. |
 |
| Weiler cousins Eryn, Sarah, and Ben came down from Pennsylvania. |
 |
Random but had to show the garden this year. I decided plant mostly wildflowers. The cosmos took over, the celosia and sunflowers did well, the bells of Ireland did fairly well. I didn't anticipate the overgrowth. Next year I'll probably go back to veggies but it was a fun diversion.
|
 |
| Robbie won first place in two of his meets this year, wow! |
 |
| I was able to join Nana and Bapa on a fun weekend getaway to Minnesota to hang out with Eliot and Pete and Adam and Wendi. They are such fun people and were very kind to let me tag along and make the car and the cabin more crowded. |
 |
| We visited and old-fashioned soda/candy shop. Martian poop soda, anyone? |
 |
| We ate so much yummy food. So much. |
 |
| An outdoor sculpture park on our way north was a highlight. |
 |
| Talking with my mom on a walk in beautiful surroundings. |
 |
| Pondering this giant (what looked like to me to be a chromosome) . . . sculpture. |
 |
| Gorgeous view from the cabin. |
 |
| Adam. Such a good brother. |
 |
| This state park was just beautiful. |
 |
| Love these two. |
 |
| I was super proud of Henry for running for student council secretary. He gave a speech, and he won! |
 |
| Seminary year three! Such great kids. |
 |
| Some cut flowers from my garden. Made me so happy to cut them and give them to others or display them. |
I think it has fun that we both raised flowers this year. I had expectations of having beautiful bouquets to give to people, but it turned out that some of my choices had stems that were way too short. You posted a couple of pictures from our trip that I hadn’t seen before, including the one of the two of us out in that field. I am so glad you came
ReplyDelete