I love getting holiday books from the library for Clara. Things to Make and Do for Thanksgiving was pretty old school, and it had some fun jokes I thought I'd share in honor of the occasion.
Q: What kind of music did the Pilgrims dance to?
A: The Plymouth Rock!
Q: What happened to the Pilgrim who was shot at by an Indian?
A: He had an arrow escape.
Q: Why did the Indian chief wear so many feathers?
A: To keep his wigwam.
Q: What did the turkey say before it was roasted?
A: Boy, am I stuffed.
The eggs in the kitchen cabinets was hilarious. Really, quite fabulous. I think you should simply pretend that you were channeling "European" as they keep their eggs in the pantry - not the frig. Weird, eh?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post from last Friday. Like you wrote, I've also had experiences when I've read someone's blog or simply talked with a friend about their good times and then felt frustrated about parts of my life that I can't control. Heaven knows we all try to put our best faces forward, not because we want to blind the world to our realities but because we think our problems are our own. And we have them. Body and soul wracking aches and struggles that most often never find a voice. But we press forward. And what a beautiful and inspiring attitude you share with the rest of us. I so much enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for lifting my spirits and reminding me that I can control my attitude - no matter my circumstance.