Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Giving thanks

We are moving in two weeks. AAAACK! Even though we have known about this for a long time, there are still some things you can't do until the last minute. Yesterday my to-do list had nineteen items on it and no, I didn't get them all done. (Of course, I've also been guilty of putting things on my to-do list after I've actually done them, just to pad my self-confidence.) I don't even want to know how long Michael's is, as he finishes up his residency and prepares to take his oral Board exam.

But boy, do we feel happy and blessed. Especially since we got to spend a few days with Michael's family last week.


Clara and Clark chowing down at the kiddie table.


Random playing in the back of the truck--hey, it's tough if you're 3 feet tall to make a slam dunk without a little help.


Michael showing off his stilt skills (yes, it's a big resume booster) with stilts he used to play with when he was a kid. 

I should be packing right now, but I find I excel at using the Internet as an avoidance tactic. Okay, okay. I'm going.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's funny. I do the same exact retrospective thing with my to-do lists. This morning after being busy for 3 hours, but having only one item to cross off, I quickly added "take a shower" and "make breakfast" on the list, and then immediately crossed them off.

    I need to call you and hear the details with the house you're getting! I know you decided to rent instead of buy, and that one of the places you offered on fell through, but I just want to hear more details. I'll try calling tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete