Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Going the distance . . . going for speed

Last weekend we drove back to Atlanta to see Michael's eighteen-year-old brother, Joseph, run in the state cross country race.


 I've only run a few races personally, but I think the common denominator among all races is that runners need port-a-potties. I have to say, though, I've never seen quite this many at one time. I guess if you are fast enough to run state, you deserve to have your own stall.


Clara and two of her cousins, Abigail and Clark. Clara and Clark appear to be in the awkward smile stage. Awesome.


We were happy to spend a short time with Grandpa and Grandma, too. Clara is so lucky to have such wonderful grandparents.



Joseph came in eleventh in state. Yeah, he's pretty fast. Considering the fact that I would have run the race over twice his speed, I'm just hoping our kids have my husband's genes.
Happy birthday today, brother--we're proud of you.

1 comment: