This was a lovely Mother's Day. I really appreciated the forethought that Michael put in to helping the kids do something for me and to preparing for the day. As always, mixed emotions, but it was nice to be at home for church and to have Michael help all day with the kids. I am so grateful for my own mother, and my gratitude grows the older I get.
I found Robbie's panda on my nightstand with a note reading, "Hugs and kisses from Thunderbolt the Panda."
Michael and the boys made me a delicious crustless quiche, and I actually slept in (with Michael running interference to keep the kids from the door).
Michael had practiced with the kids the song, "Mother, I Love You," which melted my heart. I had also compiled pictures of all the Primary moms to make a YouTube video with that same song for the Primary families. I have been sending out a video nearly weekly to the ward with different Primary songs for them to practice.
Look at this sweet puzzle that Robbie made me, complete with its own toilet paper carrying case.
Michael brought home a gorgeous bouquet.
We made dinner together (tacos) and then Michael had made strawberry shortcakes earlier that day, which we ate outside by the fire pit. So peaceful.
Motherhood continues to be my greatest challenge, but I am thankful for the privilege and for the brief glimpses I get that I am doing a good job. I have so much to work on, but I am trying really hard. I am deeply grateful for Michael's love and support and for Heavenly Father's tender patience with me.






No comments:
Post a Comment