William is five and George is three (they also have a baby, Frederick, who is one), and Keith is in his DO residency in Dayton. Bethany was very gracious and accommodating considering we gave her hardly any notice when we asked if we could come up. There was some fighting between Robbie and Henry using William as a pawn (each of them wanting to play with him individually and leaving the other out), but in general they all played well together. We especially enjoyed time in their beautiful back yard, playing with water toys and the awesome swing that Bethany made. She had made several items of furniture for the kids--super impressed with her resourcefulness and creativity.
Watching family scripture videos on Sunday morning.
Their neighborhood has a couple of ponds, which the boys enjoyed visiting.
A toad was the highlight of the day.
We visited the Cox Arboretum with them--it was beautiful.
This is a poor photo, but we saw a couple of massive snapping turtles in the water there.
Check out this fun kid-sized maze made out of bushes.
Walking in the Arboretum.
I got the address of our old house where I was born, which was really fun to see. Centerville is still very well cared-for and the home was lovely. Wish I could remember more of it!
The kids and I self-quarantined for several days from neighbors when we got home to make sure we didn't get anything, and we have been fine. So glad we took the risk (thanks, darling!).









No comments:
Post a Comment