Wednesday, December 11, 2013

NYC, there's something about you

This past weekend, Michael and I had the opportunity to go up to Manhattan for a short visit. We attended a very helpful business seminar all day on Friday, but that didn't prevent us from doing a few other things while we were there.

 We used the discounted TKTS and saw Phantom. A classic.

 The Majestic Theater was old, which lent some charm and mystique to the musical, for sure.

 We debated going ice skating at Bryant Park, but we decided not to based on our skating skills. I was surprised at how small the rink was (and how crowded, too).

The tree at Rockefeller Center really is amazing. It is incredible how huge it is, especially being a real tree. I feel kind of sad that they chop such a beautiful tree down every year, frankly.

Even though New York City isn't really my favorite speed or scene, it was a wonderful trip thanks to great conversation, productive plans for the future, good food, an easy drive/train ride up, and good babysitters at home.

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! I hope you weren't too stressed while you were gone and that all went smoothly with the departure! Yes, there is something intriguing about NYC. We are planning a day visit before New Year's so we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete