Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas fun

After enjoying our Joseph and Mary dinner on Christmas Eve--a Weiler tradition--(baked fish, hummus, olives, goat cheese, dates, homemade pitas, and grape juice) with some friends and the missionaries, we awoke bright and early on Christmas day.

We opened stockings in our bedroom first--a Dunford tradition--and then lined up from youngest to oldest.
The fact that Robbie stood there of his own accord while the self-timer was going was miraculous.

 Requisite sibling photo.

 While I think this photo might have been slightly staged, Clara was very thrilled with her Samantha doll. (She is watching me as I type and just whispered in my ear, "Thanks, Mom, for Samantha.")

The one bummer is we discovered her arm needs to be fixed. But she is a welcome addition in Clara's heart and I am happy to see her used and loved.

My favorite gift was a whole box of socks from Michael. Not that I needed them or anything.

 Another highlight for Clara was the Rapunzel dress that "Mickey Mouse" and "Santa" gave her in preparation for our trip to Disney World in January for her birthday. She wore it down to Georgia (we drove down on Christmas Day).

My favorite people in the world. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! What a fun morning that must have been in your new home! And the kids cooperated so well. Now, if you can just save your shekles and get shoes with no holes, you'll have it made - heh, heh! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great morning! Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a great trip to Georgia too. Thanks for the birthday wishes and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas! I haven't been to your blog in ages (or anyone else's for that matter) so it was so fun to get caught up a bit. Can't wait to do it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos. They'll make happy, happy memories. Thank you for posting them here.

    ReplyDelete