I posted a few pics on Facebook for once and then forgot to put them on my blog for my own purposes. I don't have many pics of the day, but it was a nice birthday minus the speeding ticket I got in the morning (No, the officer didn't give me a break because it was my birthday).
Michael's gift to me per my request was to have a day to do whatever I wanted. So I went into the office and got a little bit of stuff done and then drove to Charlottesville to do some shopping. I had an unrealistic agenda of things I had wanted to accomplish in one day and also was pretty fatigued by the traffic and navigating an unfamiliar place, so I came home grateful for my family and not eager to go out on my birthday by myself again.
This guy greeted me in the morning. Pretty good handwriting for a fourteen-month-old, huh?
We enjoyed some pizza and a big cookie cake with ice cream and then Michael and I watched the movie Oz with James Franco. It had a nice message but wasn't super amazing. My favorite part of the evening was during the credits when Michael said, "Oh yeah, Bill Cosby!" as one of the munchkins and I totally believed him. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe for about thirty seconds. Anyway, that doesn't make sense unless you've seen it, but I had to record the memory.
Happy to be thirty-one!
Hey, that little munchkin who came bleary-eyed to greet you on your birthday morning had to be one of your biggest gifts for the day!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had fun and a great family to boot...
Welcome to the 31 Club! Happy belated birthday! Sorry about the police officer not giving you a break-- maybe he had to meet a certain quota.
ReplyDeleteAwesome handwriting Robbie! That stinks about the speeding ticket. I got one once on Friday the 13th, as I was late to a job interview. Of course that made me even later, and then the interveiw didn't even happen! I did get the job though...DQ...ha ha. A cookie cake sounds soo yummy!! Happy late Birthday!
ReplyDelete