Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Party time

Okay, so we didn't exactly have a party when my brother and his wife came up to visit us, but the way we had been looking forward to their first visit up here to VA sure seemed like we were preparing for a huge bash.

 Bryan and Emily, hanging out at the park. It was a bizarrely smelly that day--is there a dog food plant near Bridgewater?

 Good times.

 Clay took this excellent shot; wish we'd had a stump to put the camera on for a self-timer pic of the whole gang.

 We visited the Shenandoah Valley Produce Auction for the first time with our visitors. Lots of Mennonite farmers and others come here to sell and buy produce. It was pretty cool to hear the lightning-fast auctioneer speaking and to watch--you can see the farmer holding up his corn to show. It would have been fun to buy some chrysanthemums but I didn't need twenty (you have to buy wholesale).

Clay obliged me by posing next to these enormous beans.

 Here Clay is showing Clara the technique beyind throwing the glider properly.

 You can see here that the wings fall off, which is pretty handy for preventing total airplane obliteration after a throw.

 One of the main reasons Bryan and Emily came up was to go to the BYU v. UVA game. (Too bad BYU lost.) Michael had to take this pic for Clara because she loves Cosmo.

 Gimme five! Er, four!

 We enjoyed a quick trip to the Harrisonburg Children's Museum. Perhaps future anchors in the making?

 Performing surgery.

 Grace and I raced around the state on our bicycles.

Cousin time = good times.

The party's not over; it's just postponed until the next visit.

3 comments:

  1. I love it when family comes and visits. The other day we saw a vehicle like yours at the bank and Elden said: It's the Weilers! I guess he is paying attention to the different vehicles people drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a Mennonite farmers auction before (in upstate New York), and it was NUTS how fast the auctioneer could talk! I didn't know how anyone could follow what he was saying. I thought that guy was an anomaly, but... maybe it's just a Mennonite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun times! Love to see pictures of some of our favorite people1

    ReplyDelete