Needless to say, we spent about three hours waiting to get her cast on. It is purple--just like the one she had when she was 1o months (when I fell on the stairs with her on my hip and broke the same leg). She was such a trooper (no throw up today!). I told her that we should comfort Mr. Bear so he wouldn't be scared, so through her tears she'd repeat after me and tell Mr. Bear, "It's okay. Don't be scared." She loves Christmas songs, so I sang Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer as they put the cast on. (The nurses probably got a kick out of that.)
It was so heartbreaking when she asked me, in tears, "Mommy, can you take my cast off? Please?!" Oh, I wish I could! I also wish I had given her a bath last night because it is not going to be any fun to do it now . . . if she's smelly for the next four weeks, you'll know why.
You cannot imagine how badly Michael and I both feel. Having a matching pair of these pictures was certainly not something we ever wanted to see. And the fact that both breaks were caused by one of her parents, well, let's just not talk about that. Please forgive your clumsy parents, Clara.
OH!! poor thing! I hope it heals fast!
ReplyDeleteSo SAD! Wow, that is quite a coincidence same leg and same cast!
ReplyDeletePoor Clara!!! She will never let you guys live this down when she's older. I can see it now...
ReplyDeleteHow sad! I hope the cast helps with the pain and helps it to stabilize and get better FAST! - HUGS!
ReplyDeleteA#1 That is so sad...I had no idea growing up how much my mom cared about things like this....it's so much worse on this side. And B#2You guys are awesome parents...and purple is an awesome color! (let's do a girls night soon--It's been FOREVER!!!)
ReplyDeleteI think you are awesome parents. Especially to go BACK to the doctor. Brittany, you were right to take her back - way to go! Sometimes doctors do miss things and it is up to parents to fill in those spots. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the color of the cast.
I remember singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to my boys during hospital/ER visits. I wonder if there is really some "magic" to the song that works so well on kids. lol.
To jazz up the cast, let Clara decorate it with stickers every day - they won't stay on for long, but that just adds to the fun. :)
ohhh, poor clara. hopefully she'll heal fast.
ReplyDeleteno fun! i agree with cari, though, purple's awesome! :-) and look how much she's grown up & is looking like a little lady nowadays. perhaps it would be best not to tell her exactly how she broke her leg twice...;-) JUST kidding!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry and you guys are still great parents! Ben always gets down on himself whenever he sees the scar on Anna's head because it was kind of his fault. It happens to every good parent. And the picture of baby Clara puts a huge smile on my heart. I just want to eat her in that picture.
ReplyDelete