A glimpse into our family: What we think about & what's important to us.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Playing Outside
Today I took a break from cleaning blinds (seriously one of the most tedious jobs on the planet, and these blinds hadn't been dusted/cleaned in literally years . . . I'm talking dir-ty) and took Clara to the park. Swings have to be one of Clara's true joys in life. I have very fond memories of my dad pushing me on the amazing tree swings he'd made when I was a girl. Something about soaring through the air--but with something to hold on to and without the red cape--is truly magical.
Another of Clara's true joys are what she calls "blowing flowers," a.k.a. dandelions. She prefers them in their "blowable" form, but the yellow stage will do if there are none to be found. She asks us often, nearly every day, to find blowing flowers. Did you know that the fuzzy globe of seeds at the top of the stem is called a clock? Pretty neat stuff.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i bet she's loving having a yard with her very own blowing flowers! :-) i think i must agree with Clara...swings are one of the greater joys in my life as well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll she is! Her hair is so long and beautiful! I can't believe how big she is getting!
ReplyDelete