Thursday, August 29, 2024

August stuff

 I will try to describe August in as few words as possible.

Camping in West Virginia and rafting with the boys.

Went with the Flanders' family. So fun!

Got a sitter for Clara and Clayton so I could come along. Yay!

Clayton turned three! Wow.

He loves to blow out candles--he likes it when I put a candle in a little play-doh cake and he sings to me or to himself.

Clayton got a trike, which he quickly mastered. 

Clara went to a sleep-away camp through Capernaum, a special needs branch of the Christian club Young Life. She had a blast and was so brave!

Accidentally planted orange Romas. 

All those tomatoes above turned into just about 4 cups of tomato sauce. Orange but absolutely delicious.

Each of the kids helped make an entire dinner solo (with help as needed) one night. Clara made her favorite--rice.

Rockingham County Fair! On the ferris wheel together. 

Funnel cake to share.

Clayton loved all the rides.

Dragon coaster. Poor Michael was sick and couldn't come.

The reason he was sick? Turns out he had shingles. It was awful! Poor guy.

Robbie made an amazing lemon blueberry cake as part of his solo dinner meal.

Benjy made spaghetti and dirt sundaes for his meal. 

An epic landscaping/architecture that Robbie designed, complete with hot tub, telescope, solar panels, sconces on each side of the door, and a garage that is entered under the waterfall.

More gardeny goodness.

Henry made sushi! He did a terrific job and it tasted legit.

Henry's creation included two swimming pools, complete with diving board, as well as a slide that people climbed up the stairs and then slid down.

Summer may be finishing up, but we got most things done our list.

Attempted summer schedule. 

Back to school, baby!

First day of middle school!

Clayton insisted on bringing a lunchbox to the bus stop.

First day of Kindergarten and third grade!

Michael and I enjoyed an anniversary hike on the second day of school with Clayton. 22 years!

And seminary started the next week. These kids are so great--I re-did the basement apartment so they could have space, and I really enjoy starting each day with them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment