Despite the social distancing required by the coronavirus, the Easter Bunny was able to sneak in a visit last Saturday.
Ready to go! Benjy was too excited and refused to be in this pic.
Afterwards with their finds.
Benjy was so cute. He found two eggs initially and happily put them in his basket. Then he took them out and picked one up and put it back in the yard. Then Michael showed him what was inside the egg, and boy was Benjy excited. Poor kid has eaten way more sweets at his age than any of his siblings.
We enjoyed dying eggs, too. Our Holy Week was made special by its beginning with General Conference, and each evening that week we talked about the day in the last week of the Savior's life. On Easter Sunday, we enjoyed our traditional meat loaf, resurrection rolls, broccoli, fruit salad, and mashed potatoes.
Robbie helped me make carrot cupcakes for dessert, including grating several large carrots and decorating each cupcake with frosting and a teeny carrot.
Despite the corona craziness, it was a good Easter. Even though I miss communing with the Saints, I am surprised by how we can keep the Sabbath without being able to attend church. I am grateful we have been able to receive the Sacrament each week. I felt the Spirit particularly that Sunday (despite one of my children's refusal to even participate in home church, sigh) as I partook of the Sacrament and pondered on the Savior's sacrifice for me. He lives, hooray!





No comments:
Post a Comment