Wednesday, March 18, 2020

St. Patrick's Day

This year, the kids made a trap to try to catch the leprechaun (an idea courtesy of my sweet ministering sister, Rebekah Aidukaitis). I enjoyed talking about our Irish ancestry for FHE as well, and we had slow-cooker corned beef and veggies for dinner. Yum.

 Clara's message on the left, and Robbie's on the right reads, "Dear leprechaun, we gave you some gold but there is a lot of it!"

 Robbie put some packaging tape inside the box along with a trail of fake gold and jewels to have the leprechaun get caught inside the box.


Sadly it didn't work. The teeny note says, "Dear friends--No thanks for trying to trap me with your sneaky trap--nice try! But I admire your creativity, so I thought I'd leave you a little gold. And thanks for letting me use the loo! 'Til next year! L" The leprechaun left a golden coin for each of the kids and used the toilet, leaving green footprints and green water.

 The kids enjoyed Hulk muffins, green smoothies, and Lucky Charms. They chose to wear their Weiler Orthodontics t-shirts.

Benjy's outfit says, "Wee Little Lucky One." Yes he is.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet tradition! I am so grateful for our Irish heritage and that your children know about it!

    ReplyDelete