I have never been to the circus. It hasn't been a life dream of mine. But when the circus came to town, and we had some coupons, we decided to go for it. It was fun, but I won't chalk it up as life-changing. I kept thinking things like,
"Those poor tigers! I wonder how they are treated," and "How does someone get a job as a tiger tamer? How much does he get paid?"
Other questions entered my mind as well. "That poor kid. Is she homeschooled while the circus travels around? Does she like that elephant or is this a family business and she just has a part to play?"
"Is it possible for these metal folding chairs with the chipped red and yellow paint to get any more uncomfortable?"
"How can I get myself a pair of shiny red pants like that?"
"Are those dogs having fun, and do they enjoy wearing sequins?"
All in all, I am glad we went, but I won't feel the need to see the circus on a regular basis.
I would like to know how they cut the magician in half, though. Guess I'm a sucker for neat magic tricks.
Those questions are hilarious & made me laugh. :)
ReplyDeleteWow...really enjoyed the glimpse into your thought process! Very intriguing questions!
ReplyDeleteI share your same opinions about circuses! Cool, but a little barbaric.
ReplyDeleteThe other day at church, a guy did a magic trick during an object lesson, and I've been puzzled about it since! I wish magicians would reveal their secrets! Sawing a man in half-- is there any way he got in the cage, slipped through the bottom, and what you saw on the outside was a dummy or robot? Or are you sure it was still the same guy?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI loved your comments - guess I'm not very imaginative. I'll never view a circus the same way again :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd there's a tailor right down the street from us here in Santo Domingo. I'll see if he has any shiny red material, so you can have a pair of red maternity pants to wear ...