Friday, March 16, 2012

Of late

For those who haven't heard via Facebook or texting, we are having a boy! He was definitely not shy about it.

Clara handled the news better than expected (after saying "Grrrr!!!!" she then immediately followed it with "I'm having a baby brother!"). I have been trying to prep her a little about what it's going to be like, but quite frankly, I think it's impossible and even I don't know exactly how it will be...except that I am not going to be sleeping and will have to fill my house with baby stuff again.

I confess I am not looking forward to the clutter. You get used to things being a certain way, and seven and a half years is a long time.

But I am looking forward to my hip not hurting so much. And being able to sleep on my back. And hopefully a gradual reduction in comments about how big I am. And of course to baby smiles and laughter and running around and trains and balls and fun boy behavior. I like boys and always have--I told Michael before we got married that I just wanted to have boys. But I wouldn't trade Clara for any other kid in the world.



Moving on again.

So in the "nesting" mode, I am trying to start and finish a project I've wanted to do for a long time--create a cookbook. I dream of having one place that contains all my favorite recipes so I don't have to browse through so many books, a fat binder, etc.

It's a lot of work, and I realize that creating a book about food when I'm not often in the mood to cook is not the best idea. It has made me want to go try new recipes because I feel discontented with my own collection. I hope I can get it done. We will see.


One of my photo attempts. Taking pictures of food is hard when you don't know what you're doing and have a point-and-shoot camera that is over seven years old.

Here are a few random pictures of late--Clara has wanted me to take some shots of her since I have the camera out more often in the kitchen lately.

 Showing off her muscles.

 If reading were a fever, this girl would be aflame.

Planting a "truffula" seed she got from school.

Here's to hoping that the next four months fly by!



5 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard! Congrats! Glad you are doing well & good luck with the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to put a cookbook together before we left for our mission, but ran out of time (I was thinking of adding photos though). And now I'm here in the Dominican Republic missing some of my key recipes. Oh well - eats beans and rice for us! Good luck on your book! I want a copy when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does Clara have to be so cute?? When you sent the text my first thought was "what does Clara have to say about this?" I knew she'd come up with something cute like a growl. Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany,

    You are going to LOVE having a boy! I LOVE my 2 sweet little boys. Yeah we spend a lot of time playing cars, trains, fire men, tigers & lions, building forts & playing in the dirt with worms, bugs, etc... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to see some pregnacy pictures. Boys are fun, they are busy. But with the girl emotions we are experiencing, i would take 10 boys! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete