We have had a good week here at Hilton Head Island. Michael and I hadn't been here since 2016.
Look this cool drop tower Robbie made.
I love the flat beaches at Hilton Head--it's perfect for younger kids, although I can see it not being quite as exciting as the boys get older. Robbie really enjoyed the high tide at night when the waves were bigger.
Clayton liked riding on the bike. I was nervous riding with Clayton and the trailer back and forth to the beach from our condo, which was about a ten-minute bike ride, but we made it.
Digging a deep hole--Clayton wanted in on the action.
Buried alive.
One evening we went out to Giuseppi's for pizza and enjoyed giant ice cream cones at Kilwin's which promptly melted into puddles as we ate in the blistering heat outside.
Another morning we took a break from the beach and headed to the Coastal Discovery Museum, where they had different animals we were allowed to hold.
Check out this cool baby alligator.
Holding a corn snake.
I don't like snakes, but I had to try holding it. It was kind of cool, I have to admit.
Benjy celebrated his fourth birthday while we were at HHI. He has been so excited for his birthday for months.
One evening we took the older three on a bike ride around the golf course. It was so peaceful and I loved seeing the oaks with Spanish moss hanging down over the well-manicured grass.
Clara was a big help carrying Clayton back and forth to the beach.
She wasn't a fan of the trip in general, but she survived. I think she did have some moments of fun out in the ocean. Even though riding the trike was scary for her (she'd never ridden that far on anything), she was brave and persevered, and I know she was proud of herself for doing it.
Michael and I had fun playing on the beach together and talking about our marriage.
Clayton loved the little waves, sitting in the tidal pools, and even seemed to enjoy eating the sand.
Lessons learned:
- bring toys to the rental in case they don't have any
- three to four days at the beach is a good amount
- bikes were fun
- get a place with its own pool if possible
- don't get double scoops from Kilwin's in the heat of summer




















No comments:
Post a Comment