I have felt overwhelmed and stretched more than I ever have in my life before during the past few months. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I simply cannot do all the things that I want to do as a mother. Michael and I have talked at length about the fact that I need to put my own oxygen mask on first before I put on my children's, metaphorically speaking, and that is incredibly hard for me to do. The blog is a good example of a place of neglect. There's no way I can catch up sufficiently and share all the sweet memories and moments here, but I will try to include a few after a big photo dump. Sharing all the fun times makes it look like everything is always fun and lovely 'round these parts, which is certainly not true. The amount of quarreling exhausts and discourages me, as do the power struggles and my worries for the future. However, looking at these pictures does help me remember the good times, of which there are plenty.
Clara participated in her end-of-year choral concert with Spotswood Singers. She had had a panic attack at the previous concert because of the hot stole and robe, and the director, Mr. May, graciously allowed her to just wear all black instead. I was happy for her and proud of her for still participating. I am not sure what we'll do for this next year. . .Robbie participated in a month-long swim clinic for three days a week at Valley Fitness. He was frustrated with breaststroke but improved overall and gives it his all every time, which I really admire.
The tables are turning where Henry's reading skills allow him to be the reader instead of an older sibling.
Michael and I enjoyed a few dates out--this Japanese restaurant makes really yummy authentic sushi. This green dragon roll is Michael's favorite.
These peonies from my garden gave me such incredible joy. Audacious is the word I kept thinking of when I'd look at them--petals upon petals, opening up in such beauty.
We were able to visit Nana and Bapa in Philadelphia and took the kids to the Reading Terminal market for some yummy goodies. Michael and I also went to the temple, which was great.
We had a fun visit from Bethany and Keith's family and took them up to Hawksbill Peak, the highest peak in Shenandoah. So windy!
Clara participated in a pre-FSY stake activity and actually danced at the dance (with the stake president's son, Henry Papin, what a guy). And she made it through the whole week of FSY at William and Mary College. She even texted me her testimony, which was really special. So proud of her.
Picking blueberries at Hobbit Hill Farm was another fun time. It was so fun to pick them in the shade and enjoy hearing the "kerplink kerplank kerplunk" per Blueberries for Sal.
Clayton tolerated the backpack fairly well but wasn't as enamored by the blueberries as I had anticipated. Oh well! He did love the fresh blueberry mint lemonade we enjoyed afterwards, though.
Go Henry go! This was the toughest challenge.
We visited our friends, the Copelands, on their property in West Virginia and got to pet their bunnies, see their goats, and play in the river. I do wish the boys had a place like this nearby, but I'm grateful for opportunities for them to go play in nature like this.
Robbie turned double digits--10! He really wanted his own desk for his birthday, so he and Michael refinished one I got on Facebook Marketplace, and he got his own room!






























No comments:
Post a Comment