Thursday, April 14, 2016

Henry at ten months

Time seems to be accelerating a bit lately, and Henry is growing and learning a lot. He is pulling up and seems to be able to stand without support, even though he hasn't tried on his own. He is getting very good at reaching and pulling things out, and he finds great satisfaction in pulling spice bottle out of the pull-out pantry, making a break for the toilet when the bathroom door has been left open, and messing with anything within arm's length. He can say "dadadada" and "nananana" and he just learned a couple of days ago to say "mamamama" although he doesn't use the words in reference to anyone/thing in particular. He loves it when Robbie plays with him, and he loves his Daddy, too. This is nice because Henry has also reached the separation anxiety stage and gets very upset when I leave him with a sitter. Henry really enjoys eating and gets mad when I don't share what I'm eating with him. He likes pasta, fruit, some veggies, bread, cheese, cereal, and meat sometimes.

Driving the fire truck at the Dream Come True playground on a chilly Spring Break day.

 We stayed in a hotel last weekend in Richmond while Daddy attended a conference. Henry enjoyed the pool, although at first he wasn't so sure.

We also had fun riding on the train at the Short Pump mall during our visit.

Henry has been sick quite a bit lately with colds. A couple of weeks ago he had a high fever for several days, and then finally the fever broke and the next day he had a rash all over--roseola. Poor guy. On more than one occasion he has had a fever and a runny nose and breathed rapidly for a day or more with his tummy pulling in and out. It has been concerning, but then it goes away. He is healthy right now, which is so nice. We sure love his smiles and laughs and his grunts and "words."

2 comments:

  1. Oh such a sweet time! I am so glad that you are doing these wonderful posts! They will be precious memories for you and for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful for these periodic updates on your family. They make me feel like I'm closer.

    ReplyDelete