That night they accompanied us to our ward spaghetti dinner. Henry wasn't too sure about these two new people, but when Grandma scooped him up and put him on her lap, he didn't cry but just looked at her curiously.
The next day, they watched the kiddos while Michael and I attended the temple. It was so nice to be together there (normally we go separately so the other can watch the kids). And it was made even better when I ran into my roommate, Karisa, in the temple! That's the best place to run into people.
After the temple, we hung out with Michael's brother, David, and his wife, Char, and their kids. They are leaving for New Delhi, India next month for two years as David is now working for the foreign service. It has been so fun having them in D.C. for the past year or so--we are so glad that D.C. is their stopping point between posts so we can see them more than we otherwise would.
Elizabeth and Clara enjoying something on a phone. Isn't this such a universal image--one kid holding a device while another looks on?
Grown-up conversation is so nice.
I asked if I could take a picture of their family--how often do you get someone to take a picture of your whole family?--and told them this was their pre-India picture. When they come home from India, they'll have one more--Char is due this fall with number eight. They are amazing. I'm excited to get a post-India picture!

We got the cousins to line up on the grass. Henry wasn't having any of the lying down business.
On the way home, we stopped to visit a friend from church in a nursing home and had some frozen custard. I had never had it before--very creamy and yummy.
The fun visit was capped off with watching an uplifting movie, "Angel in the House," my doing some "parenting venting" and receiving some much-needed encouragement/counsel from them, and then hearing Grandpa tell the kids stories from his childhood and some from ancestors. Clara also enjoyed learning some French from Grandpa.
Thanks so much for coming!







No comments:
Post a Comment