Saturday, May 18, 2013

House update #7

It's happening, folks! The house is actually going to be done.

Sometime.

In the next year.

Not that we are overly eager or anything.

In the meantime, here are some more pics if you're not sick of them by now.

 The barn beam and stone in place.

 Future bookshelves with space for the piano.

 Master bathroom tile.

 The exterior is nearly done. And we have garage doors now so hopefully the neighborhood kids have stopped coming into the house and roaming around all the time.

 Preparation for the driveway. I had no idea how much a driveway costs.

 The opposite end of the patio--these will be planters. (Not sure with what though--maybe a Japanese maple in the big one? Ideas?)

The kitchen thus far--the space in the island is for the dishwasher. The vent hood doesn't have quite the depth that I wanted, but after some discussion with the builder and hemming and hawing, we just decided to leave it. At this point we are pooped and are just hoping we don't have to keep changing things anymore. It will all work out and things we think are big

I am excited to show you some of the fun little extras that we (mostly Michael) thought of to put in. Hopefully soon.

4 comments:

  1. La-LOVE the exterior! I am not sick of your pictures at all....I could see more and more! I can't wait to see the details you've thought of too. So fun. Now you've got me curious about the driveway. Though I can imagine some hefty numbers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning home! I am just so impressed with yours' and Michael's planning... I want to know driveway costs, too, because we might need to replace ours when we get home. And I want to know all of the little things as well. By the way, that's cute to have a nook for the piano - no baby grand in the future??

    And I love the beam in the fireplace - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures of how your house is coming! Keep 'em coming, I can't wait to see it all finished and put together. The outside is looking BEAUTIFUL!! I love the planters in the back. I also love the fireplace, it is all just stunning. Ok, I'll be honest, I just love the whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is looking SO great! I love all of the things you've thought of - those planters in the back will be amazing! I don't think I could ever build a house... sooo many decisions to make. Decision making is definitely not my forte. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete