Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

This is, so far as I can recall, the tenth year of Michael making a heart-shaped pizza for Valentine's Day.

 Ever striving for improvement, Michael made the mozzarella-stuffed balls as well but then discovered that the heart wouldn't fit onto the pizza stone, so he assembled it in two pieces and put part on a regular pan.

Unfortunately, even the two halves were too big, so he cut it even further and then re-assembled it at the end. It tasted as awesome in pieces as it would have whole, as you can imagine.

 A broken heart pizza and the fact that I broke one of the "champagne" glasses from our wedding reception makes for an auspicious beginning, don't you think?

 Lucky Blessed in love. (picture courtesy of Clara--first time ever!)

 The next evening, Michael took Clara to the daddy-daughter dance at her school. Michael informed me afterwards that Clara has some sweet moves. It's really true.

 Daddy's little girl.

Sorry girlfriend, he's mine.

2 comments:

  1. That is so fun you have pizza every Valentine's. Actually for our anniversary each year we also have pizza. I should make a heart-shaped one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! We expect a pizza when we come up there ala New York City. Dad often cuts out pizzas into crazy shapes - your's looked yummy.

    And I love those sweet pictures of Daddy and Clara!! Great memories...

    ReplyDelete