My parents have planned on serving a mission together for years, and last Monday they entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. Their assignment is to be public affairs missionaries in the Caribbean, a mission which covers thirteen countries.
I am excited for them and proud of their dedication to the Lord. They have sacrificed a lot to get to this point, selling most of their household goods, renting their house out, selling their truck, etc., not to mention leaving their children and grandchildren. Their service is already a blessing to their posterity, an added bonus to the hundreds of people they will bless during their 23-month mission in the Caribbean.
Here they are in the MTC, taking the classic map picture as they point to where they are headed.
We will miss them, but we are excited for their new adventure.
Your parents look so wonderful! We're wishing them luck and many prayers are going their way.
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow...23 months? That is a big sacrifice! Good for them; what an example.
ReplyDeleteWhat? How did I miss this?! That's awesome. Your the third of my friends recently who I've found out have parents going on missions. Pretty awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love that they're out there with Joseph :). Looking at these pictures made me realize I've never seen a photo of couple missionaries at the MTC! It looks so wonderful to be there with your eternal companion :). I can't wait to hear about their experiences and adventures!
ReplyDeleteif your gonna serve somewhere it might as well be the carribbean! what a great experience they will have
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I must be totally out of the loop! That is awesome news! Wow, and how fun, the Caribbean. That's the type of mission I would be rooting for! Good for your parents.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderfully exciting! Your parents have always been inspiring to me in many ways. Please keep us updated on their adventures! (PS - my husband served in the Caribbean, tropical paradise - totally rough... He loved it.)
ReplyDelete