Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Root beer with a twist

A week and a half ago Michael's practice held their annual patient appreciation picnic (remember the one from last year?). This year in honor of Michael's joining the practice, they had an A&W theme for Alvis & Weiler Orthodontics, complete with a whole lot of root beer and some yummy root beer floats (in addition to bingo, amazing door prizes, hot dogs, shaved ice, balloons, etc. etc.).

 See the "A&W" symbol scattered around? They changed it slightly so it wouldn't be too much of a copyright infringement . . . in case the A&W folks were in the neighborhood.

 The t-shirts the staff designed turned out super cute.

Michael certainly brings my smile to life.

Hyrum sportingly helped out with the temporary tattoo station and I did face painting.


 To my surprise, I really enjoyed making girls' faces into butterflies and painting pictures on little cheeks (the skull and cross bones was fairly popular--Clara wanted one but instead I painted a ladybug on one cheek and a football (yes, that was her idea, too) on the other.


The weather was pretty perfect, and we finished the day off with some putt-putt, which I hadn't played in years--since the days of high school group dates--and a tour of Grand Caverns. There are a lot of caves around here. It was pretty neat, although I got a little claustrophobic when our guide informed us that where we were walking was once entirely under water.


All in all, it went well (the 20th year in a row), and we hope that the patients feel appreciated enough to tell their friends to come to the office, too. We'll have plenty of root beer for them.



5 comments:

  1. That is such a nice thing that they throw a party for the patients (and for you guys!). I would love to have a dentist like that! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a really great event! Did you have to do much for the planning of it? I guess if they've been doing it for 20 years already, they probably have it all figured out. We'd like to start also doing patient appreciation picnics...I'd love to talk to you more about what works well. The shirts and theme were awesome. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I forgot to ask you about the picnic. A & W! What a great idea! Who thought of it? We will have to come next year, ok? We can even help, especially for root beer! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how the picnic went! We are definitely going to come one year! It looked awesome and I loved the theme. Also, are Michael's parents in the Ensign this month?

    ReplyDelete