Friday, March 27, 2009

Winsome?

When I finished sewing these, this word came to mind: winsome. I wasn't even sure what it meant, but upon looking it up, I felt it characterized these baby booties pretty well.

winsome: (adj) generally pleasing and engaging often because of a childlike charm and innocence

Okay, I don't know if these are innocent, but I do find them charming. And since my sister-in-law already had her baby, I decided I could cheat and post about them since I doubt she is following my blog while she's managing a two-year-old, a c-section, and a new baby.

They were challenging to make, but not too terrible (I rate my frustrations on the number of times I had to take out seams with my seam ripper--only once for this project). My favorite type of project is the one that I can do in a short period of time--a couple of hours or less.

I used this pattern, and there's also a fun collection of other people's baby shoe creations here.

I made these bibs combining two patterns--one from a book a borrowed from a very crafty friend and then combined it with this one. I could pretend and say that I combined the two because I just wasn't satisfied with either and had to make them better . . . but what actually happened is I messed up and was lazy to fix it so I switched patterns partway through.

The problem with crafty blogs is they make me see things that are so cute that I think I could make, but then I ask myself, "Do I really want to make that? Do I need that? Is it worth the time, effort, and expense to make it?"

I'm good at talking myself out of doing anything that requires work.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, those booties are so cute! Way to go, Brittany!

    Once again, I've gotten behind on my blog reading. I just caught up on yours and really enjoyed reading the sweet update on Clara and looking at the cute pictures. I LOVE the first few minutes after Abigail wakes up. So precious. That picture of Clara is just adorable. You definitely don't have to be related.

    Can't wait to see you (and those booties!) at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are so cute. I have been wanting to make baby shoes, but I have been too lazy. I need to finish 2 dresses from Miss Audrey then I will have some thing crafty to post. I totally relate to your feelings of talking myself out of doing projects. I just need to talk myself out of buy the materials! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. For real, those are the cutest booties I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I were having a GIRL ... so many fun and cute things!

    Did you mention on a comment on our blog that your brother/sister-in-law live in Cumming?? If so do you think you could email me their email address and I could contact them?

    I'd love to get a heads up to see which ward we will be in - and find out a little about the area! My email address is: lilpeacher@hotmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok the baby is due in October get busy, ha ha! :) Seriously those are the cutest little booties that I've ever seen! Brittany you have talent, you could sell your work.

    ReplyDelete