The day after Christmas, we drove down to Tennessee and Georgia for some fun with family.
Before watching the Dolly Parton Stampede in Pigeon Forge, we enjoyed riding a mountain coaster (Clara watched) and playing a quick game of putt-putt. The next morning we traveled down to Chattanooga to see some sites that both of us remember (albeit vaguely) from our years growing up in Georgia.
Ruby Falls was really neat (although Clayton wasn't too impressed).
After church at Joseph and Jenna's ward, we went to Chickamauga (sp?) park for the boys to burn off energy. Grandma and Grandpa had brought their tandem, and the kids all got a kick out of taking a turn with them.
So grateful Michael has such wonderful parents. I always enjoy talking with them.
Then the next morning we drove down to LaGrange GA to meet up with everyone again (this time plus L'Anita and Bethany's families as well) and enjoy more cousin time at the Great Wolf Lodge. After playing hard, we ate pizza and the kids all got to watch a movie while the grownups talked and laughed.
It was a terrific trip and a great day to end 2025.
Looking back on 2025, I'm grateful that we could redo the kitchen and survived quasi-living in the basement for a couple of months. I'm thankful I felt my testimony grow of the truthfulness of the gospel as I spent a lot of time digging deep, seeking to gain greater understanding and faith re: polygamy and Joseph Smith, the temple endowment, and the truthfulness of the gospel. I felt peace as I realized because I have felt the Holy Ghost, I have therefore been witness to the reality that God lives, He loves me, and He knows me personally. I feel greater covenant confidence, even though I mess up and deal with the same weaknesses I always have (worrying about the future, comparison to others whether due to pride or inferiority, giving into the "animal within" re: not having as much self-control, and negative thought patterns, among others). Despite these weaknesses, or perhaps I should say because of these weaknesses, I feel greater gratitude to my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for His redemptive power on my behalf, His younger sister who continually falls short. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who accepts me despite my failings and, I feel, is proud of my efforts and never tires of hearing from and reaching out to me through His Spirit.
Happy New Year!








Oh what fun times with Michael’s family!! So glad your kids get time with their cousins
ReplyDelete