Sunday, June 25, 2023

Springtime/June fun

The saying is really true: "The days are long, but the years are short." The entries on this blog show it. Not sure if it's even worth it to keep doing this anymore--kids today much prefer video, which is fun, but I can't make comments on videos. I still want to keep videos, though--but I'm not sure if I can find the time to make a video for each child (which is what I wanted to do) in addition to this family blog as well as their individual ones. Keeping up (or trying to) with six blogs is no joke.

Benjy participated in a very special field trip to Spotswood High School with his preschool class to have some fun Easter activities with the multiple disabilities class. It was really great.

The Richmond temple is now dedicated! We went more than once to take friends to go through (I think Michael drove the nearly 2 hours on four separate weekends, taking dentist friends, a friend from high school, etc. It is lovely.

Celebrating Easter with Bethany's family was super fun.

Robbie participated in his first piano festival and got double superiors! Michael took him out to Benny's pizza to celebrate.

We (especially Benjy) have been listening to Henry Huggins and Ramona Quimby nearly every day for the past, I don't know, six months?! Had to take a screen shot to record this current favorite.

Daddy and his boys. They adore him so much.

Clara loves to take my phone and take pictures of the sunset. This was an especially pretty one overlooking our neighbor's yard. I love where we live.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts with Robbie for our mini-golf date in May!

Benjy "graduated" from his preschool class. They held a very sweet program and incredibly thoughtful dinner afterwards.

Mini-golf with Henry!

We enjoyed a semi-rainy hike up to Seneca Rocks in WV over Memorial Day weekend. I was impressed with Robbie and Henry's abilities and determination to carry Clayton on their backs the entire way, giving each other massages after they switched carrying him. The reward from Michael was being able to pick two souvenirs from the gift shop. They did it!

I really enjoy hiking with this crew. 

A lovely visit from Nana and Bapa was enjoyed by all. Benjy especially loved having playmates in his grandparents to give him the time and attention he craves.

My mom was a big help getting things ready for Henry's Minecraft birthday party. 

And Henry was baptized! It was a sweet program and I am happy that he chose to be baptized. Bapa was sick unfortunately but we were glad that Nana could be there.

We sure love this boy.

That same weekend was also busy for Clara. She participated in three different dances for her dance studio, so she was involved in four total performances. Phew! She was beautiful and did a great job.

Seth and Marissa's family as well as Erik and L'Anita's families were driving through the following week and we were so happy to host them for a little graduation party for Clara. Cousin time is the best.

Never enough time to talk, but it was still lovely. We watched a slideshow that me and Michael put together for Clara and enjoyed ice cream cake for dessert.

Can't believe she is done with high school!

Clara did great during her graduation ceremony and participated in the choir as well. 

So proud of her!

Then the following week, I participated in a fiddle camp led by an amazing instructor, Anthony VanPelt. My teacher, Megan Young, and I worked on the songs beforehand and then we had two days to practice before our "jam session" with a live bluegrass band.

It was super fun and I was so grateful for Michael's support.

The following day, we hosted some friends to celebrate the birthday of Sana Rahimi, an Afghan refugee whom we have all befriended. She is a special person.

Our neighbors, the Wenigers, invited us to go blueberry picking along with our other neighbors, the Zopps. 

The weather was perfect and Clayton was very proud to have his own bucket. About half he picked were green, but hey, it's all part of the experience :-). 

And Hyrum came to visit! He was so patient with our kids and we loved hanging out with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment