This Christmas was the first time I remember in a long time where we didn't get sick over Christmas break. I was concerned about us or my parents getting COVID and them not being able to come up for the holiday, but I was very grateful that they were able to come.
December was a pretty quiet month.
At the beginning of the month, we were grateful Clara could participate in her dance recital, although we couldn't watch it live.Robbie also participated in his first piano recital and did a great job. I took video but no photos, sadly.
We even got a rare December snowfall, which was a treat.
Michael was thrilled to be able to use the hot tub in the snow. The boys would get out of the hot tub, lie down on the cold snow, and then get back into the hot tub. Brrrr!
Not sure which of the kids snagged this picture during Sacrament meeting, but I am glad I have it to document masks during church and how, amazingly, both Robbie and Henry are sitting nicely.
When Nana and Bapa arrived, we decorated pop tart gingerbread houses. I made them the day before and wasn't quite prepared for how much work they'd bed.
Clara opted not to make one, but she did help me make dinner, which was great.
Here are the creations.
I loved all the ideas.
We did our Joseph and Mary dinner, this year thanks to my mom who prepared it all while Michael and I took the younger kids to the church to run around on Christmas Eve while it was rainy outside. We had fun playing "spud" and kickball, and it felt great being in the church building without a mask.
Christmas Eve we finally took out all the gifts and put them under the tree. And yes, the tree is still only decorated on the upper third. Maybe some day we'll be able to decorate the whole thing. The elves came and brought the kids pajamas, which they were thrilled about.
On Christmas morning, Daddy and the kids read the thoughtful note that Santa left.
Opening stockings!! Benjy got a Henry train engine and a little tractor that makes noises. He was a satisfied boy. Michael got exciting things like refill razor blades. Robbie got a book light, which he had wanted for a while.
I got a pizza cutter to replace the one that I've had for a long time which literally just hit the dust that day. Note that I'm wearing my mom's sweater that she wore for many years.
Robbie was very appreciative of his presents--he got a big Lego rocket ship set, a tool bag with all sorts of tools in it, and a book called The Dangerous Book for Boys, which was probably a little old for him.
Clara got some makeup, a Lego Harry Potter set that she put together with Nana and Robbie's help, and a BYU sweatshirt.
A surprise kid gift was this dune racer, which we parked in the garage. Robbie is a little big for it, but that doesn't keep him from riding it. It is a lot of fun. I initially balked (for a few years) at getting one, but Michael said he'd always wanted one, and we figured this was the last year Robbie could even remotely fit into one, so we did. I don't regret it.
A fun surprise this year was getting some flurries on Christmas morning! My dad even got into the hot tub with the boys, and they had a great time.
I really appreciate these sweet moments when the boys are all getting along and enjoying each other's company.
It was a good Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment