Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Fun June adventures

June was a fun and full month. Even though COVID has changed a lot of our summer rhythms (namely the pool, sniff sniff), we are still making time to do fun things. The boys don't mind much that we stay home nearly every day now, but Clara misses a social life.

 The playgrounds are closed, but we live in a beautiful place with other outdoor activities if we use our imagination.

 Washing the car--I took a picture because this happens so rarely.

 Cub Run had a sweet goodbye day where the kids dropped off books and picked up a goodie bag. I am trying not to think too much about the fall and school starting and the uncertainty it brings.

 I prefer this face shield to a mask but do often wear a mask instead, depending on the situation. I never in my life thought I'd be wearing a mask to go into a store. Funny how things change. The pandemic has really brought to the forefront the different ideological lenses through which people view the world: Do you value health and safety to save lives or do you value economic growth and stability to keep people in their jobs? It has been a stressful political season and I just uninstalled Facebook and Instagram from my phone because I needed to step away from the posts about how everyone needs to wear a mask or people will die and posts about how the economy is dying because of the regulations. Other hot topics these days are issues of racism and police brutality, especially against black men. We have had more than one family lesson about racism and I read a powerful story about the children's march of the 1960s as they fought for desegregation. I realized I have my own racist issues without really realizing it, especially one of ignoring the issues of my black brothers and sisters who often face injustice and inequality. I am hopeful that we will continue to make progress as a people towards loving and accepting all of God's children no matter their race, color, or religious belief.

 S'mores for FHE. 

 Dinosaurland was on our summer fun list--it was underwhelming but still fun.

This Megalodon was pretty sweet.

 Yikes!

 A daddy who wrestles after a long day at the office is truly a rare and wonderful man.

 "Table time" in the morning consists of various small activities, like math, writing, craft, game, etc.

We were thrilled when Melody agreed to come back and visit for the summer!!

Blue Hole is a fun watering hole up past Broadway.

Robbie started piano lessons with his teacher, Kama Miller.

Water balloons on the trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment