So, Virginia-style, they had several two-hour delays in the morning and two days of no school (despite no snow). We tried to enjoy the cold anyway, even though on several days I just couldn't bring myself to take the boys outside to play.
But before the super cold set in, Robbie insisted on setting up a lemonade stand outside. We didn't have any lemonade, but he found some Gatorade and poured it equally into cups and waited patiently outside on our driveway.
We saw an idea in a Curious George book to freeze water balloons.
We opened them up with our friends, the Petersons--the kids enjoyed holding them and sliding them around on the counter before I made them take them outside.
Last Saturday, Michael had the fun idea of taking the kids out to a frozen lake to watch the Mennonites ice skate (they do it every year when it's cold enough for the lakes to freeze).
It was incredibly cold, but the kids had a blast!
Clara and I also got out on the ice (Clara for just a second, but I was proud of her for doing something scary)--I confess I really don't like feeling like the ground is unsteady beneath me. It was really neat seeing the way the ice formed.






This post makes me cold! LOL I am so glad that you take the time to do fun things and are so flexible about adapting to what happens every day. You and MIchael are the greatest!
ReplyDelete