Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back to school

Clara is now in the fifth grade, amazingly.

 Ready to go, no fear. Double peace signs all the way. She was very pleased to have Mrs. Morris as her teacher. She was Clara's aide for a little while in Kindergarten, so they have a good relationship already. Hope it stays that way!

Bunny ears for little brother.

Robbie also got "school clothes" and a bookbag that is over half the size of him. He'll have to grow into it. I was stressed for several months about if and which preschool to put him in, but eventually I realized that the reason I didn't feel good about it was because I shouldn't put him in this year. We are enjoying doing "Teach Me Mommy" with my mom's book two mornings a week.

 My favorite guys.

This year's front entry school decor. Courage, my child, and on, on to the victory.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! So glad that she has a teacher that she is already excited about. I love your front entry décor - it is always so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Clara has had a good start for school. I hope that Teach me Mommy sessions with Robby work out well. And that you have fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom has a great book! I've used it a few times! I am not sure about you, but the preschool idea seems so pushed and normal now, that people think it's weird if your kid doesn't go. I love looking back that my kids could be with me before kindergarten. We did do some preschool swaps with the girls, and with Clark friends and I did them together with all the moms there. Cal tried Montessori but kept crying when I dropped him off that I just stopped completely after a few days. Though of course all situations are different. Not that you wanted to know all of that..... But I am sure Robbie is loving the activities you do with him!

    ReplyDelete