(Upon looking at himself and Michael in the mirror after they finished getting dressed for church) "We're
handsome!"
"I no like it."
"Why not?"
"It's tasty!" or it's opposite, "It's not yummy time."
About a month ago, Robbie and Michael were playing outside and Michael was trying to help him catch the ball (or do some coordinated action). Michael kept saying encouragingly, "Almost!" Robbie then responded, "I no like 'almost.'"
"Fuge" for "huge" and "teeny wheats" for Frosted Mini-Wheats
"Hebicopter" for "helicopter"
Very creative in the things he's thanked Heavenly Father for: "for Addy" (always for our neighbor's dog), "for the water in the Sacrament," "for fan on" (his ceiling fan), "for Charlie," "for Elden," "for Vivian" (all kids in his nursery class at church), "for red ice cream" (raspberry), "for candy at Daddy's office," always various family members and neighbors, "for donkey," "for watermelon."
The other night I was having a rough time and was lying in bed and couldn't help but cry. Robbie climbed up on the bed and said, "I'm sorry." Then he proceeded to
He is very aware and thoughtful. He will sometimes just announce, "I'm happy!" or its opposite, "I'm feeling sad," or after he's been hurt he'll announce cheerfully, "I'm okay!" or "I had a fun time at . . . [the ward Christmas party] [the doctor's office], etc."
"I have a baby in my belly button."
"I have a baby in my neck." (He said another day)
"I love that!"
"You puking?" he asks as he watches me with interest.
This morning we were reading about the birth of John to Zacharias and Elisabeth in preparation for Christmas. I asked, "Who did that baby grow up to be?" Robbie said enthusiastically, "Child God baby!" Clara then helped him out with a more specific answer.
Robbie is also very independent and strong-willed. I know this has the potential to be a great blessing, but it makes for some interesting/challenging times, too. If I cut his food and he wanted to do it, he throws a fit. If I shut the door and he wanted to do it, he gets upset. If I zip up his jacket instead of him, he gets upset. If I zip up his pajamas, he will unzip them and do it himself. If I lift him into his car seat, he often gets upset and will climb down and then climb back up himself. It is pretty funny. He is also growing more aware and obedient (or purposefully naughty). He and Clara had been hitting each other a lot--often just to pester but it was getting out of hand--and we really had to be consistent about time-out. He knows exactly what he shouldn't do and he'll say, "No hit Mommy. No hit Daddy. No hit Sissy. No hit Hyrum. No hit cousins. No hit Grandma" all in a row.
Dang, we love this boy!
Pretty dang cute, I'd say! We can hardly wait for you all to arrive!
ReplyDeleteI just love this! Robbie says the cutest stuff! I'm really impressed with all the things he is thankful for in his prayers. Hannah's prayers last about two seconds! And what a sweet little boy to dry your tears, gosh! Sure love you guys.
ReplyDelete