Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter weekend fun

Last weekend was Clara's "spring holiday," a one-day break since their spring break was taken away after fifteen snow days this year. We decided to spend the night in D.C. and enjoy the zoo and the temple.

Don't look so excited, kids.

Actually, they were very excited to see the animals. Clara wanted to see the pandas, but the line was so long we just couldn't justify the wait.

 We did enjoy the apes, although I think my favorite was the tortoise. I just love that they've been around for so long and yet are so gosh darn slow. We decided that while the National Zoo is a nice visit since it's free admission (you do pay for parking), having to walk over a mile and a half to get back to the car after walking up and down the hilly zoo made for a pretty tiring day.

On Saturday, I told Clara that I was going to take pictures of her and Robbie in front of the temple to frame pics for their rooms. (Here's more info on LDS temples if you're interested.) Those who cooperated earned a treat. Whatever it takes, folks.

 Robbie looks like he could sit there forever, doesn't he? Appearances can be deceiving.

Ah, that's more like it.

 Okay, Robbie look at the temple. Or the flowers. Just face away from me and pretend you're pondering on the eternities.

 Good, now smile and look as cute as possible. Perfect.

 Hey, we stepped back in time!

 Oh phew, 2014 again. My darling daughter, please don't grow up anymore. You are looking way too grown-up and beautiful.

 Don't smile, Robbie. Don't do it. Resist the urge to be adorable!

 We ended our Saturday with a very brief indoor egg hunt.

 Pretty lame, but the kids didn't seem to mind that every egg only had three options of candy.

It's all about the anticipation anyway, right?

Sunday was great with neighbors for brunch, inspiring messages during church, and the missionaries and other folks for dinner (read: I overscheduled and it was actually crazy busy but we made it and felt at the end of the day that our "offering" was accepted of the Lord). Of course, these events don't compare to the glorious gift of a risen Savior. Thank Heaven for Easter!

3 comments:

  1. The temple photos are wonderful. I don't know when I've seen Clara look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those temple photos are so sweet! what a neat idea to have in their rooms. And Clara is getting so good about looking at the camera and smiling. Robbie is just so funny - what a boy! Can't wait to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete