Thursday, January 30, 2014

Playing in the snow

So after we returned home from Disney World, Clara had an entire week off of school due to MLK Jr. Day and then four snow days. None of us were too thrilled, but we tried to make the best of it. I sometimes wish I were one of those moms who is like, "Yay! No school! My kids can stay home and we can sleep in!"

Instead I am more like Swiper: "Oh, maaaann!"

That's okay. I can embrace who I am while also trying to be the best version of myself.

 Clara wasn't too crazy about going out in the snow the first day, but then after getting on warm snow pants and gloves, she had a fun time. Robbie loved it. Without snow pants or boots, I just put on some of Michael's long white athletic socks over his pants and tucked them in to his rain boots. He was thrilled. Even now, with the snow nearly melted and dirty, he will go out and sneak some to eat.

 Super long icicles on the roof.

After our brief stint outside, we headed in for some maple syrup snow cream (maple syrup poured over snow).

 I also had to include this shot because it is the quintessential example of Robbie's hair during the winter--super staticky.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that we were able to spend such a fun time with you all -- and that we got out before the snow came!
    Love, love, love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish that we could have just hung with all of you during that snow week - maybe in the future!

    ReplyDelete