Thursday, July 11, 2013

Last date

Before Hyrum left, we used his fabulous babysitting skills to enjoy an early Father's Day gift for Michael: a golf date. I scheduled a tee time for us and walked the nine holes with him.

 The weather was perfect and we were practically alone on the course.

 Love him.

I wish I could play golf, but I am also glad to just be a caddy. Actually I didn't even carry his clubs, so I was more like his groupie.

I used to have real issues with golf, I have to say. Growing up, I thought golf and tennis were snooty sports for rich people. Now, I realize that lots of people like to play golf from all walks of life, and it's a sport that you can play even in your old age, which can't be said for most sports.

It was so nice to have this last date before Hyrum left--we sure were grateful for his sitting for us when he could--sad to say we haven't had a date since he left. We need to remedy that soon.

1 comment:

  1. My dad, Poppy, loved golf and belonged to the Salt Lake Country Club for years - Nonny played, too. And I loved golf - even took a golf class in college... So we think that Michael has great taste once again - the first being his marrying you! xo

    ReplyDelete