Saturday, June 16, 2012

The before-four family

I wanted to get a few pics of all of us before the baby comes--it is still surreal to think we will be a family of four in about three weeks.

Unfortunately, the day when I decided to have us take these shots on timer was very bright and the pics are pretty washed out. Oh well.

 Phew--we hadn't even started taking pictures yet, but we were tuckered out already.

 It was hilarious trying to get this posed pic with Clara.

 Love the sneaky grin.

 And Clara's expression in this one is my favorite.

Never too old for piggy-back rides.

Just three has been great. I will miss it in many ways, I'm not going to lie, and this last month is precious time. But I also don't want to be overly dramatic about how "this is the last time it will just be the three of us" because we will always make time to just be the three of us no matter how many more we have. That's one thing my parents did with the seven of us--made time for each child individually.

Thank goodness for eternal families.

4 comments:

  1. i was an emotional wreck the day before i was getting induced. i hate "the last time" for anything. i hated knowing it was the last night of just us four. i think because it had been 6 years of just us that it really made me feel sad for some reason. it is amazing how you forget about that feeling after the baby arrives. i'm sure it will be that way for you. love those pictures. good luck with EVERYTHING coming up. i'm thinking about you all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the prettiest pregnant lady ever! Clara's smile is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Brittany. Your hair is gorgeous as always. It is hard to have one on one time with each child. Good luck with the baby.

    ReplyDelete