Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Christmas parade

Our congregation at church participated in the Harrisonburg Christmas Parade. The theme was "Snowmen at Night" or something, but we did the Nativity instead. Gotta remember the real meaning of the season, right?

Clara wanted to participate. We weren't sure whether she really would when it came right down to it, but she did so well.

 Our float was rather humble, but so was the stable in Bethlehem, right?

 It was a cooollld night, but fortunately Clara was warm in her sheep costume layered over a coat, sweater, and turtleneck. She was quite the trooper. All the kids were, actually. They sung Christmas songs while they were waiting and waved to the parade watchers.

I also had to include this random picture of Michael with the Chick-fil-A cow and his float. I have to mention that Clara is both in love with and freaked out by these big dressed-up people. They scared me when I was a kid and I had (have) no desire to hug or give one a high-five. Clara gets so excited by them, though. Pretty funny.

It was a fun experience--I had never been in a parade before, and I was amazed at how many people were out there in such weather. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment