Saturday, January 15, 2011

A different view

Michael and I have both been working on faces this week.

These are mine.



 These are his.


Michael is preparing for Boards and has to trace the cephs (skull x-rays) of six patients--in addition to doing a ton of other work, which has included two separate trips back to Augusta since our move here--in front of the American Board of Orthodontics. It's a pretty big deal, and let's just say that we'll both be pretty happy when February has come and this exam has gone.

As for my profile attempt, I saw silhouettes on this blog probably over a year ago and decided to copy her idea. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right? (as opposed to an indication of laziness and lack of personal creativity). You can't really tell from the pic, but I used different patterns of cardstock behind the silhouettes and the overall effect is nice. It isn't too tricky to do if you're not picky. But of course, I am sometimes, so this project took a bit longer than it could have. (It also took some candy to persuade Clara to sit perfectly still while she couldn't smile and couldn't look at me.) Good thing I have an encouraging husband who helped me not throw them all in the trash.

Wish we could see more of you up close and personal, too, but I guess seeing your mugs on FB and blogs is the best we can do right now.

(Speaking of mug shots, today we got our Virginia driver's licenses, and the employee at the DMV informed me that I could smile for my picture but couldn't show my teeth. Huh?)

5 comments:

  1. unbelievable job on these, brittany. i'm always stealing ideas...i mean getting inspiration from blogs and wherever. check out this compilation of silhouette photos.....http://designismine.blogspot.com/2011/01/interior-inspiration-silhouettes.html

    it was so great to talk to you the other day. PLEASE call me when/if you come to utah...even if you can only stop by for an hour. i'd LOVE to see you and finally meet clara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love silhouettes SO MUCH. I haven't taken on this project yet but it's definitely on my back burner. Yours turned out so cute! Good luck to Michael with all his exam work!

    No teeth eh? Weird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling silhouettes! I will have to try those sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! I don't think any amount of candy would help Adam to sit that still :)...

    Have fun with your parents this week! I almost asked your mom yesterday if I could come with her :).

    Wish Clara a Happy Birthday from us! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was going to comment on how cute those silhouettes (sp? i'm too lazy to look back:) were. i didn't realize they were a new project. fun. i want to try them, you made them look so good. maybe i'll wait until lucy is a little older so her head doesn't look like a cue ball:) yeah for clara's bday party success. looks like it was super fun.

    ReplyDelete