Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween continued

In honor of the Halloween season being finally over, Michael and I have shaken hands and committed to having a dessert-free month until Thanksgiving. Well, we are going to take one day off for his birthday. For those of you who know me well, it ain't gonna be easy. But I will prevail!

In the meantime, I shall reminisce.


We actually didn't take Clara trick-or-treating because we'd already gone to the church Halloween festival and gotten gobs of candy. Plus, I was tired of getting her dressed up. Fortunately she was none the wiser.

After Clara had gone to bed, I couldn't resist dumping all her candy out and organizing like I did in the good ole' days. There is something so irresistible and alluring about opening a bag full of candy and smelling that smell. The smell of goodness. And temptation.

At Clara's preschool, they had a little Halloween parade--check out the sweet Scooby Doo costume some kid is wearing.

Princess Clara. She had debated being a vampire, a witch, or a ghost, so I was relieved when princess was the order of the day (especially since we already had the shoes and dress in her dress-up clothes).

The traditional pumpkin carving attempt. I asked Clara what kind of face she wanted and she finally settled on "a surprised face."


By the way, join in on our dessert-free contest if you'd like. We can be strong together.

3 comments:

  1. Dessert free? I'm going to BEG my husband to hide the rest of the Halloween candy so I don't have to sit around and STARE AT IT all day!!

    I loved your Halloween party pictures! Looks like y'all had a great time and what fantastic costumes people came up with! The Potter quartet was my favorite however, I love those wizards.

    I also really enjoyed your recent post about "the enemy". I also feel like a jack of a few trades and master of none. I get terribly frustrated when I'm half way good at something and then see someone else who is so good that I feel like I've just had cold water thrown on me. Sigh. My learning focus lately seems to be stop comparing yourself to others. Maybe I'll try to master that one... Or maybe I'll add eating to my list of talents too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't do it! I remember coming home after trick-or-treating and doing the big dump with all the siblings and doing trades to get only the candy we liked. You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today and had to let you know that my vary favorite part of halloween candy is the smell! I love how all the different candy comes together and it's different than any bag of just one kind of candy! :]

    ReplyDelete