Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My fabulous parents

I failed to mention in the last post that this weekend, in addition to Michael's birthday, was also special in that my parents came to visit. It was so great to have them, and not just for the free babysitting we enjoyed to celebrate Michael's big day. We had fun watching Indiana Jones with them as well as going on a walk by the river on Saturday.

They were so patient and sweet with Clara and her antics. I feel so grateful for both of our parents.

This year my parents celebrate their fortieth wedding anniversary. Can you believe it?!

A noogie . . . just because.

Every time they come, my mom and dad fix something(s) around the house. When we got back on Saturday night, we found that the light over the stove on (there hadn't been a bulb in there for ages). My dad also fixed a screwy light in the dining room chandelier. Michael and I had both been electrocuted by it when we tried to remove the dead bulb (which had come apart while still in socket), so I was anxious as I watched he and my mom fix it. Fortunately no heart attacks occurred.

Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad. We love you!

4 comments:

  1. oh, i love your parents!!! my parents are constantly fixing things at my place too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest picture of your parents. They should frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, parents are the best. That's nice they just find things to fix while they're around. And I love the noogie picture-- you look like you know what you're doing!

    About Teachable Touchables, they are little squares of different types of fabric (courdoroy, silk, leather, etc.) for kids to play with. Here's the website:
    http://www.teachingplanet.com/tetotesqbyed.html
    They're for kids 2 and up (you can play matching games with them and other stuff), but Benson plays with them now and loves to rub the textures against his face. I bet they'd be great for Clara. I got them from "The Learning Shop" for teachers, but you could probably find them at any toy store that carries educational toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany you look so much like your mom, no doubt about it. Grandparents are the best, especially for babysitting!

    ReplyDelete